Procrastinating on writing the blog has its upsides. Like actually doing things on the list. Including signing up for a long-overdue 21st birthday present: a photography course.
The excellent City Lit in London has a number of courses: I opted for Photographing Place & Space. In our first project we had to photograph a place we knew well and one we didn’t know at all. Here’s are my favourites from my ‘unknown place’ (I chose Cardigan in West Wales).
The most amazing sweet shop I’ve ever seen
I wrote this list about a month ago where it festered in the back of my diary until the other day when, after umming and aahing about whether to set up the blog (would I keep it going? would it be weird writing about myself on the actual internet?), I had dinner with a no-nonsense friend (who writes a blog herself) who basically told me to get on with it.
Here is the slightly amended list.
- Listen to 30 classic albums I’ve never heard or properly listened to before
- Cook or taste 30 new things
- Get a short story published
- Do my 21st birthday photography course & take a photo every day
- Cut my hair short
- Go to 30 gigs/nights
- DJ somewhere cool & learn to actually mix
- Run 5k
- Make a film
- Go to the cinema alone
- Do a radio show
- Make a song
- Learn to drive
- Sing in public
- Dance on a carnival float
- Be in a play
- Go out for dinner alone
- Host a cocktail party
- Write an article in a newspaper
- Volunteer with young people
- Go to the Balkans
- Go to a film premiere
- Do 30 good turns in a day
- Not wear jeans for 30 days
- Night vigil by myself round a camp fire
- Make 30 pieces of art/craft
- See 30 classic films
- Set up a subscription to a charity
- Start a blog
- Drink a white Russian at the top of the Shard
Wish me luck!